Friday, August 12, 2011

Facial Hair Friday: Ryan Gosling

Officially, I am not typically attracted to Nicholas Sparks' novels or blonde men. Unofficially, I have read The Notebook more than once and I find Ryan Gosling absolutely delightful in the movie reendition.


If I remember the book correctly, Ryan Gosling's character builds a house with his own capable hands, reads poetry on his front porch, and goes for long, pensive canoe rides at dawn.

During our college years my husband and I went for a canoe ride. We replaced the pensive thoughts with Miller High Life. I tipped the canoe. We lost half of our belongings in the river. We clung to a patch of cattails, with the water rushing around us, and hollered accusations at one another.

Well. Maybe this is why I get irritated every time I read The Notebook.

Nonetheless.

Ryan Gosling, and Ryan Gosling's shining, golden beard, I raise my glass to you. You can read me poetry this evening. I'll nap on your porch swing in the soft, fading sunlight. Aaaahhh... so sleepy...